Dr. Lowrance was born in Memphis, Tennesse and grew up in Savannah, Tennesse. He graduated from Hardin County Central High School and attended junior college at Freed-Hardeman in Henderson, Tennessee before going to Abilene, Texas to finish college.
Dr. Lowrance received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas in 1975. Since then, he has committed himself to being the best dentist possible, taking several years of post-graduate training at the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI), a preeminent post-graduate training center for dentists that focuses on neuromuscular dentistry as well as Advanced Cosmetics Dentistry. At LVI, dentists are taught the importance of acting as a neuromuscular dentist first, and building every patient’s treatment plan with neuromuscular principles in mind. Dr. Lowrance is proud to be among the select few neuromuscular dentists in the country to complete the vigorous course work at LVI for board certification.
Dr. Lowrance has advanced training in the treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ/TMD) and is one of only 13 dentists in Texas who have been trained to treat TMD/TMJ with advanced neuromuscular techniques and sophisticated computerized instrumentation. He is the only neuromuscular trained dentist in South Texas and the Coastal Bend.
Dr. Lowrance is also highly trained in, and continues his education in, the diagnosis and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, using neuromuscular techniques and appliances.
Dr. Lowrance currently resides in Corpus Christi, but regularly visits Nashville to visit his family. Dr. Lowrance is a Board Certified dentist in Tennesse and Texas, licensed to practice dentistry in Nashville and Corpus Christi.
- Graduated Abilene Christian University 1972 with a Master’s Degree in Biochemistry
- Graduated Baylor College of Dentistry in 1975 with Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree
- Mercury Amalgam Free Dentist since 1983
Post Doctoral Studies and Degrees:
• Board Certified Clinical Nutritionist, 1998, International and American Academy of Clinical Nutritionists
• Board Ready Fellow of the prestigious Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies 2007.
• Advanced Continuing Education in the areas of: nutrition, toxicology of dental materials, treating environmentally sensitive patients, orthodontics, orthognathic orthopedics using Crozat appliances, cosmetic enhancement of smile and dentition treating failing dentition and neuromuscular dentistry.
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Founding Member of American Association of Functional Orthodontics
- Member of the International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics
- Past Member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Past Member of Texas Academy of General Dentistry
- Past Member of American Orthodontic Society
- Member of International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Affiliate of the Great Lakes College of Clinical Medicine
- Member of the International and American Associations of Clinical Nutritionists
- Past Member of the International and American Association of Gnathological Orthopedics
- Past Member of American Dental Association, Nueces Valley District Dental Society, Texas Dental Association
- Member of the Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Member of the IACA (the International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics)
To schedule a consultation with Corpus Christi neuromuscular dentist, Dr. Don Lowrance, contact our office today. Call (361) 851-8274.